Ready to Return in September 2020
This is a 'one stop' page to support parents and carers in ensuring students are 'ready to return and ready to learn' when the academy re-opens fully in September.
All key dates, times, details and supporting documents can be found below.
|General Enquiries||01472 602000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org|
Remote Learning Page
|School Nurse Text Service||07507 331620|
|Free School Meals Enquiries||
To check if eligible for Free School Meals, click here.
September return: Key dates and times
Our letter (published 07/07/2020) to parents and carers regarding our arrangements for September 2020 opening can be found here.
We have also published a parent support booklet for our September 2020 'Ready to Return' that is available to download here. This also contains answers to frequently asked questions and our COVID-19 Addendum to our Behaviour and Ethos Policy.
Students will also require a scientific calculator as part of their everyday equipment. Further detail about specification and availability to purchase from the academy at a reduced cost is available here.
Provisional September Return Dates, Times & Zones: (Further details to be published over the summer)
Thursday 3rd September:
- Year 7 (8.30am) & Year 11 (9.30am) only (all finish 2.50pm)
Friday 4th September:
- Years 7 & 11 (8.30am)
- Years 12 & 13 (9.30am) (all finish 2.50pm)
Monday 7th September:
- Years 7, 11, 12, 13 – Normal Times for start (8.30am) & finish (2.50pm)
- Year 8 (9.50am start)
- Year 9 (11.05am start)
- Year 10 (12.05pm start)
Tuesday 8th September onwards is a normal school day for all year groups:
- Year 7 – Start 8.30am Finish 2.40pm
- Year 8 – Start 8.35am Finish 2.40pm
- Year 9 – Start 8.40am Finish 2.45pm
- Year 10 – Start 8.35am Finish 2.50pm
- Year 11 – Start 8.30am Finish 2.50pm
- Years 12 & 13 – Start 8.30am Finish 2.50/3.50pm
- Interventions, Support Sessions & Detentions finish 3.50pm
- Students should arrive 5 minutes before their start time for line up (see the map below for gates and zones):
Year 7 – Gate 1, Zone 3
Year 8 – Gate 1, Zone 2
Year 9 – Gate 1, Zone 1
Year 10 – Gate 2, Zone 4
Year 11 – Gate 2, straight to tutor rooms (inside)
Years 12 & 13 – Gate 3, straight to Sixth Form Block
A-level/Level 3 and GCSE/Level 2 results days
Our letter (published 15/07/2020) to parents and carers regarding our arrangements for Results Days 2020 can be found here.
- Year 13 students will be able to collect their results from the academy reception from 10am until 10.30am
- Year 12 students will be able to collect their results from the academy reception from 10.30am until 11am
Students have been allocated a 10 minute collection time slot and have been put into small groups organised by surname. The collection times for these are below. Students should arrive at the academy at the allocated time and will be directed to their results collection area. Sixth Form enrollment will also be available too. Social distancing will be in place.
Surnames starting with letters
Collection time slot
A to B
10am to 10.10am
C to D
10.10am to 10.20am
E to G
10.20am to 10.30am
H to J
10.30am to 10.40am
K to M
10.50am to 11am
N to P
11am to 11.10am
R to S
11.10am to 11.20am
T to W
11.20am to 11.30am
Summer transition work (Y6, Y9, Y11)
To help support Year 9 students with their transition into Key Stage 4, we have developed a Year 9 to Year 10 summer transition work pack. This is available to download here.
To help support Year 11 students with their transition into Key Stage 5, we have developed a dedicated bridging work website with support materials and tasks for a wide range of Post 16 subjects. This is available to access here.
Covid19 Risk Assessment
Our Covid19 Risk Assessment (current version is v6) is available to read here.
MCAS, news and well-being support
You can find our latest news and letters to parents/carers at this link here. Message will also be sent through the MCAS app.
If you do not have your login details for the MCAS app, you should contact the General Enquiries telephone number/email address above.
Below are some links to documents for local well-being support services and advice.
- C19 Discover Kooth V1
- C19 Missing friends Kooth V1 1
- C19 Discover Kooth V2
- C19 Isolation V1
- C19 News V2
- C19 Routine 1
- C19 Work taking it s toll 2
- Digital safety during COVID
- Kooth 5 Steps to Wellbeing Interactive Activities
- Mental Health and Wellbeing for parents easing lockdown
- Mental health awareness week E poster 1 1
- School Nursing update
Remote Learning support
Student Remote Learning Tools and Access
Parent Support, Advice and Guidance with Remote Learning
Students should use ShowMyHomework to view the online tasks that they have been set by their teachers. This is also available to download as an app for use on mobile and tablet devices.
As well as our online learning through ShowMyHomework, students, parents and carers can access a summary of free online materials to support learning from home by clicking here. You can also check our top tips here.