Staying Safe Online
As we have moved to working online for much of our schoolwork for the time being, it is important that we provide regular reminders to students, parents and teachers about online safety and the importance of staying safe online.
The website below has been set up to support parents with our online learning platforms and it also includes several links to support online safety. This website should be your first place of reference for home learning queries, including online support and online safety: www.parent.dret.cloud.
Here are some top tips for students for online safety:
1) Don’t post any personal information online – like your address, email address or mobile number. For schoolwork, use your Havelock email address and login details.
2) Think carefully before posting pictures or videos of yourself. Once you’ve put a picture of yourself online most people can see it and may be able to download it, it’s not just yours anymore. This includes if you are thinking of using any pictures in your online work.
3) Keep your privacy settings as high as possible.
4) Never give out your passwords.
5) Don’t befriend people you don’t know. Your schoolwork requests should come from your usual class teachers.
6) Don’t arrange to meet up with or call people you’ve met online. Speak to your parent or carer about people suggesting you do.
7) Remember that not everyone online is who they say they are.
8) Think carefully about what you say before you post something online. Don’t post things that could upset other people and don’t post things you wouldn’t or shouldn’t say in real life.
9) Respect other people’s views, even if you don’t agree with someone else’s views doesn’t mean you need to be rude
10) If you see something online that makes you feel uncomfortable, unsafe or worried: leave the website, turn off your computer if you want to and tell a trusted adult immediately. If you feel uncomfortable about anything happening online then you can report it to our safeguarding team at email@example.com
For IT Support from home, please contact the Support Desk on firstname.lastname@example.org