25th January 2023
Dear parents and carers,
Following my letter last week with regards to the upcoming National Education Union (NEU) industrial action that is due to take place next week, on Wednesday 1st February, I am writing to update you with our plans for the day.
The academy will be open for the following students:
- Year 7 – the full year group should attend as normal for the full day
- Year 11 – the full year group should attend as normal for the full day
- Year 13 – the full year group should attend as normal for the full day
- The Hive – all students in the Hive should attend as normal for their usual hours
- Children of Critical Workers – if you require a place in school for your child if you fall into the critical worker category then please email email@example.com by 4pm on Friday 27th January stating your place of work, to book a place if your child is in Years 8-10 and provision cannot be made at home.
Our safeguarding team will be contacting some families directly to offer in-school provision where appropriate.
Children who do not fall into the groups above should work from home, following the online materials provided by the school, or where online access is not available, a paper pack can be requested via your child’s tutor and Head of Year. This means that children in Years 8, 9, 10 and 12 will be working from home for the day.
If your child is in Years 8, 9, 10, 12 and working at home for the day, but is in receipt of free school meals, then you can order a packed lunch which can be collected from reception between 12.00 and 12.30 on Wednesday 1st February. These packed lunches must be pre-ordered by 4pm on Friday 27th January in order for our kitchen team to have time to purchase the necessary ingredients and make up the lunches. If you would like to order a packed lunch to be collected on the day, please email Gareth Glasby, our Academy Operations Manager, on firstname.lastname@example.org stating: Name of child, Year group, and any dietary requirements.
Please note, all Year 7, 11 and 13 students should attend school as normal for the full day, with the usual lunch arrangements in place in school. Year 7 students should bring their PE kit with them.
Thank you for your understanding and please do not hesitate in contacting us if you have any questions about arrangements for the day, by emailing email@example.com .