Havelock has a distinguished history, serving generations of students as a grammar school, a comprehensive and now as an academy.
At Havelock we want all of our students to achieve well academically and we take great pains to ensure that we have an appropriately broad and balanced curriculum and pastoral structures.
The links between the pastoral care, academic achievement and outstanding enrichment opportunities are designed to enable every student to reach his or her potential. We use past student performance to establish a culture of success. Our teachers plan their curriculum collaboratively, developing a vibrant learning community in state-of-the-art buildings.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT:
Broadening Horizons to achieve Excellence in All
Our goal is to provide excellent opportunities in an open, positive and purposeful climate for all to achieve excellence, become lifelong learners and responsible, successful, well rounded citizens.
Havelock will raise aspirations, expectations and achievement for all students and make a major contribution to the development of educational excellence in Grimsby.
We strive for excellence in all, regardless of age, ability, gender, ethnic origin, personal circumstances, background or need.
We aim to:
- Develop and promote a positive approach to learning.
- Provide high-quality teaching.
- Ensure learning experiences engage, challenge and develop all students.
- Ensure high expectations of all.
- Enable all students to achieve excellence, make exceptional progress, raise their levels of attainment and achieve success in their qualifications.
- Constantly broaden horizons by providing a wealth of remarkable, enriching opportunities for all, to develop their potential with the support and co-operation of our students, parents, governors, Trustees and the wider community.
The aims set out above are supported by the following objectives:
- To provide an appropriate, relevant and balanced curriculum that enables the spiritual, cultural, moral and personal development of all learners to prepare them for lifelong learning.
- To support all students and staff in a safe, happy, secure and structured working environment.
- To enable all young people to become independent, confident and highly skilled learners.
- To ensure all students develop a sense of personal responsibility, self-esteem, self-discipline and respect for others.
- To achieve high-quality standards and excellence in all areas of the Academy.
- To regularly recognise, acknowledge and celebrate the excellence and achievements of all.
- To develop effective links with partner primary schools, partner secondary schools, colleges of further education, universities, local, national and international organisations to enhance educational opportunities for all.