Life With Us
A couple of days left to apply for our Science post at Havelock. Please get in touch if you would like any further… t.co/RvYvYJJ5qO1 day 12 hours ago.
- Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 08:57Team Havelock participated in the annual National Junior Indoor Rowing Competition in London and Ryan Thompson won a gold medal! Havelock had 8 students selected to represent the trust at the NJIRC
- Tuesday, July 14, 2015 - 22:49The Havelock Hawks completed a sponsored challenge last night, which resulted in them rowing for 5 hours continuously, racking up 97,626 metres across two rowing machines. After 1 hour of rowing they
- Friday, March 6, 2015 - 11:00Havelock Academy hosted the Grimsby Primary & Secondary Rowing Championships 2015. This is the first time the academy has hosted this event and it was a huge success. Primary School Rowing
- Thursday, March 5, 2015 - 11:11Havelock continued their success in the DRET Varsity rowing competition against Humberston winning 6 out of 10 races! The annual Rowing varsity was staged at Havelock again and was a brilliant event
- Monday, June 9, 2014 - 15:09Havelock Academy had four students chosen for a once in a lifetime opportunity to row on water with 3 Olympic Rowers. Stephanie Fajinmi, Joanna Dlugoszewska, Bailey Hemsley & Starr-Paige Chilvers
- Monday, March 24, 2014 - 11:50Havelock competed for the first time ever in the National Junior Indoor Rowing Championships and the results were outstanding! The Championships took place at the Lee Valley Athletics Club, London. There were around 2000 participants from all over the country. This event is the top event in the UK, not only do schools and Academies participate but also rowing clubs, so the level of competition is extremely high.
- Monday, March 10, 2014 - 12:48Havelock dominated the Grimsby Schools Rowing competition for the second year running. This year's competition was held at Cleethorpes Academy, with all the local school's sending at least one team to compete. Havelock sent a full strength team to the event, with all but one student being a DRET Rowing All-star.
- Thursday, March 6, 2014 - 14:31Havelock Academy is delighted to say that Starr-Paige Chilvers competed & won a bronze medal at the English Indoor Rowing Championships at the weekend. The event was held at the Velodrome in Manchester with hundreds of people spectating. Starr was racing in the Junior 14 womens 4 minute category. This was the first time Starr had raced at such a huge event and against more than 6 & 7 people.
- The last week of February half term saw students from all eight houses at Havelock compete against each other to be crowned ‘Inter-House Rowing Champions’. The house competition is all about team
- Havelock Academy is very proud to host the annual Grimsby Indoor Rowing Competition on Saturday 12 th October 2013. Building on the close links with Indoor Rowing coach and competition organiser